Saturday, June 9, 2012
Mine is not orange. I use whatever cheese I have on hand. Last night it included: ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan. So, it was mostly white-hued.
Mine is not plain. Last night I tossed in some silky, sauteed fennel slices, browned pancetta, and a splash of black truffle oil.
Second, here's what you do...
(1) Cook the pasta according to the package directions, until al dente.
(2) Make a basic beciamela (white) sauce.
(3) Saute your extras with a splash of black truffle oil.
(4) In a large mixing bowl, stir together your pasta, beciamela sauce, extras, ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella, and shaved parmesan.
(5) Add an herb of choice. I had fresh tarragon from my High Ground Organics CSA box this week.
(6) Turn the mixture into a baking dish. Top with more shaved parmesan.
(7) Bake in a 350 degree oven until bubbly and golden, approximately 30 minutes.
*Update 11/9/2012: I added this to Katherine Martinelli's Comfort Food linky party.*