Welcome to the adventures of Dough-ba Fett. Or Dough-ba Baguette. It depends on who you ask. For the character above, my sourdough mascot, courtesy of my funny and artistic husband, Jake, that is definitely the latter. The sourdough starter, well, that's the former. Let's see how this goes...
I have long been intimidated by making sourdough. To be honest, I've been intimidated by making my own starter. I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to use the starter. But there was all this talk about "harvesting" native bacteria, yada yada. Every time I imagined beginning this adventure, I started to quake in my kitchen witch boots!
Then I noticed a friend was offering to share her sourdough starter. And an enthusiastic group of gals chimed in. Perhaps to keep ourselves busy during this shelter-in-place order to flatten the curve of the coronavirus. Maybe to have a sense of community while we are all sequestered in our own homes. In any case, several friends have joined the Secret Sourdough Society to bolster each other through this kitchen adventure. Onward!
Kera posted a lovely video, sharing the background of our starter and showing us how to feed it. So, when she and her boys dropped it off, and she told me to feed it before putting it in the refrigerator, I knew what to do.
I am looking forward to these adventures with my new sourdough starter. Being the ardent fans of Star Wars that we are, my family and I have named it Dough-ba Fett.
These are the links in chronological order...
- Feeding Dough-ba Fett, My Sourdough Starter
- Sourdough Round v.1
- Fraternal Twin Loaves for Sourdough Attempt Number Two
- I did NOT Panic-Buy All This Flour
- Migrating to Weight Measurements
- Folar da Páscoa, a Less-Than-Traditional Version for #BreadBakers (using Dough-ba Fett as a leavener)
- Lucky Number Eight
- Easter Demi Baguettes
- Salted Sourdough Soft Pretzels (using Dough-ba Fett as a leavener)
- Loaf No. 11 Got A Spritz...and a Gold Medal
- Seeded Sourdough Burger Buns (using Dough-ba Fett as a leavener)
- Garlic, Rosemary, and Green Olives Boule (also known as Loaf No. 12)
- Adding Rye for a Winner (Loaf No. 14)
- Slightly Misshapen Sourdough Boules for Clam Chowder Bowls
- The Misadventures of Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Boules
- Dough-ba Fett is a Brute
- Back to Basics: Trying for Consistency...Again
- Polenta-Crusted, Kernel-Dotted Sourdough
- Sourdough Banana Bread (using Dough-ba Fett discard)
- Za'atar Manakeesh (Made with Sourdough Starter)
- Sourdough Strawberry Loaves (using Dough-ba Fett discard)
- My Standard: Ten-Percent Rye Sourdough Boules
- Morada Sourdough Rye Boule
- Candied Jalapeño-Parmesan Sourdough
- Apple-Rye Sourdough
- Sourdough Beet Hamburger Buns
And the same links in the thumbnail format...not in chronological order. I can't figure out how to reorder them after adding. Sorry.
Post a Comment