This post is sponsored in conjunction with #AppleWeek .
I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #AppleWeek recipes.
All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to the kick off of a week-long event all about Fall's darling, the apple. You can read my introductory post, peruse the prize packages from our generous event sponsors, and enter the giveaway: here. You won't want to miss out. Really.
As far as recipes go, two dozen bloggers have been working hard to bring you over eighty recipes to bring apples to your Autumn table. Here are the offerings to get us started.
#AppleWeek Day One Recipes
- Apple Crumb Pie by Savory Moments
- Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Our Good Life
- Apple Pie Filled Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies by An Affair from the Heart
- Apple-Toffee Oatmeal Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Bada Bing Bada Boom: The Easiest Caramel Apples Ever by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Apple Donuts with Caramel Glaze by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Braised Chicken and Apples by Simple and Savory
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Caramel Apple Popcorn Balls by Cooking with Carlee
- Caramel Apple Scones by Blogghetti
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Slices with Ginger Cookie Sprinkles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Butterscotch Magic Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice by Snacks and Sips
- Crockpot Caramel Apple Crisp by Tip Garden
- No-Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream by Kate's Recipe Box
- Oatmeal Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Oatmeal Fruit Bars by The Monday Box
- Old-Fashioned Apple Fritters by Palatable Pastime
- Overnight Hazelnut Apple Oatmeal by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Spice Cake by Who Needs a Cape?
- Vanilla Fried Apples by Caroline's Cooking
- Vegan Apple Almond Pancakes with Apple Maple Syrup by The Baking Fairy
Bada Bing Bada Boom
The Easiest Caramel Apples Ever
I decided to start off #AppleWeek by using an all-inclusive caramel apple kit from one of our event sponsors Chocoley. [updated January 2020: unfortunately Chocoley is no longer in business, so I have removed all of the links to their site!] Okay, it's not actually all-inclusive; you do have to provide the apples. But what do you do when 5 pounds of chocolate and 2.5 pounds of caramel show up at your door? You have an impromptu caramel apple party. And, really, the Gourmet Caramel Apple Kit provides everything you need for 25 to 30 caramel apples except for the apples.
This caramel apple kit comes complete with:
- 5 lb. Brick Chocoley Gourmet Caramel;
- 5 lb. Chocoley Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Gourmet Compound Chocolate (I got the Dark Chocolate);
- 1/2 lb Piping Bags - White Compound Dipping Chocolate 2 Pack (1 lb Net Wt.) for decorating;
- 35 Caramel Apple Sticks & 35 Jumbo Cell Caramel Apple Bags & 6 Heavy Weight Dipping Sheets;
- AND easy recipes/topping ideas to turn your gourmet apples into something so spectacular that it will make your friends and family call your caramel apples "legendary."
- Gourmet Caramel Apple Kit from Chocoley
- apples (I offered three different kinds)
- assorted toppings (I offered diced candied ginger, other chocolate chips, sprinkles, and quins)
Melt caramel and chocolate in mixing bowls over simmering water.
Secure apples on sticks.
Dip apples in caramel. Let harden.
Then dip in chocolate.
Decorate as desired with sprinkles, quins, and more!
Repeat! Here are a few of the creations...and creators.
Once the caramel and chocolate set, enjoy! Bada bing bada boom - the easiest caramel apples ever!
This was a really fun evening. I enjoyed the high quality of the Chocoley products and the ease of setting up a caramel apple party.
Don't forget, you can enter to win the Gourmet Caramel Apple Kit for yourself from Chocoley. Visit my kick-off post and enter the rafflecopter.
Sponsor Ingredients Used
in This Recipe
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Envy Apples, Bob’s Red Mill, Republic of Tea, Flahavan’s Irish Oats, Nairn’s, Taylor & College, Zyliss, Chocoley, and Torani for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Nine (9) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.