The last cake I made for the Darth Gaber cake: Sour Cream Chocolate Layer cake. This made one 9"x13" rectangle and an 11" round.
- 3 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 C alkalized Dutch process cocoa powdered
- 2 t baking soda
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 2 C organic granulated sugar
- 1 t organic hazelnut extract
- 1 t organic chocolate extract
- 4 large eggs
- 16 ounces organic sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your baking pans by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. When light and fluffy, mix in the sour cream, extracts, and eggs. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until well-combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool completely on wire racks.
Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.ReplyDelete
This is really nice topic, which is very useful for me.ReplyDelete