I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of
Don't forget to enter the giveaway! You can click on my kick-off post to read about all the prizes: 'Ah! Sunflower' Cupcakes. Or scroll all the way to the bottom. Here are all the recipes for Day Three of #BacktoSchoolTreats...
Back to School Breakfasts
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas from Simple and Savory
- Orange Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce from Love and Confections
- S'mores Breakfast Pastries from Family Around the Table
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls from Frugal & Fit
- No-Bake Caramel & Toffee Rice Crispy Treats from Hardly A Goddess
- Unicorn Poop Snack Mix from The Beard and The Baker
- Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt Drops from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Brownie Cookies with Mascarpone Frosting from My Sweet Zepol
- Chocolate Dipped ABC 123 Chocolate Chip Cookies from Big Bear's Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter Cereal Bars from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Maple No Bake Oatmeal Cookies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- School Colors Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
- Streusel Coffee Cake from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Apple, Vanilla Bean, and Caramel Smoothie from Our Good Life
- Caramel Apple Chai Latte from Comfortably Domestic
- Caramel Apple Smoothie from Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Caramel Apple Cream from Daily Recipes
- Hot Caramel Apple Cider from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pre Workout Caramel Apple Smoothie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Hot Caramel Apple Cider
Given that my boys (all three of them, my husband included, actually) don't drink coffee, when they want something warm in the morning, it's either tea or, if they want something sweet, hot cider. With the apple syrup and caramel sauce from event sponsor Torani*, this mug of deliciousness was an extra special treat!
Me, I like my cider, plain...well, with a cinnamon stick is fine!
Ingredients serves 4
- 5 C apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods, cracked open
- 2 T mulling spices (my homemade version)
- 3 pieces candied ginger
- peel from 1 organic lemon (I used a Meyer lemon) + more for garnish
- 1 C whipping cream
- 1 T apple syrup (prefer Torani)
- caramel sauce (prefer Torani), as needed
- ground cinnamon, as needed
Place all of the ingredients - except the syrup - in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat immediately. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain out spices. Pour strained cider into mugs. Set aside.
Add whipping cream and apple syrup to a mixing bowl. Beat until peaks form. Add a dollop to each mug.
Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
Thank you to #BacktoSchoolTreats Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Taylor & Colledge, and Flahavan's for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BacktoSchoolTreats recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BacktoSchoolTreats giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Five (5) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and alternate winner(s) will be chosen. The #BacktoSchoolTreats Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #BacktoSchoolTreats posts or entry.
Post a Comment