Happy July! And that means that the Italian Food Wine Travel bloggers will be sharing their thoughts about Prosecco DOCG on the first Saturday of the month. You can read the invitation here.
Several bloggers in the group are receiving samples from the Consorzio of Prosecco Superiore DOCG* with a mix of wines from different producers. 'Prosecco Superiore' which is the official name of all Prosecco wines that are produced in the DOCG region; it is the highest quality Proseccos made, showcasing the Glera grape at its finest. You can read more about the Consorzio's campaign to bring awareness to the United States here. And visit the Consorzio's website for more information about Prosecco DOCG. Grazie mille to Liz of What's in That Bottle? for sourcing the samples from the Consorzio.
Here's what the #ItalianFWT Bloggers have in store for the Prosecco DOCG Party. So far, anyway. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more articles come Saturday.
- Wendy, of A Day in the Life on the Farm, says Summertime and the Living is Easy with Prosecco DOCG in My Glass.
- Jill, of L'Occasion, asks Looking for Freshness? Check out Prosecco DOCG.
- Rupal, the Syrah Queen, writes Prosecco Elevated - Sipping Prosecco Superiore DOCG.
- Jane, of Always Ravenous, pours Prosecco Superiore Paired with Italian Small Bites.
- Deanna, of Asian Test Kitchen, is Pairing Cartizze Prosecco DOCG Beyond Oysters.
- David, for Cooking Chat, says Prosecco Superiore: The Special Italian Sparkling Lives Up To Its Name.
- Liz, of What’s in That Bottle, is Discovering the Delights of Prosecco Superiore.
- Jeff, of FoodWineClick!, goes Beyond Apertif, Enjoy Prosecco Superiore at the Dinner Table.
- Martin, of ENOFYLZ Wine Blog, encourages Getting to Know Prosecco Superiore.
- Pinny, of Chinese Food and Wine Pairings, is Sipping the Day Away with Prosecco DOCG.
- Gwendolyn, of Wine Predator, shares 3 Prosecco DOCG and Calamari with Lemon Caper Sauce.
- Linda, of My Full Wine Glass, offers Take-aways from a week of glorious Prosecco DOCG.
- Jennifer, of Vino Travels, declares Prosecco DOCG is more than just Prosecco.
- Susannah, of Avvinare, is Taking A Closer Look At Prosecco Superiore DOCG.
- Kevin, of Snarky Wine, declares Vintage Prosecco DOCG: Quality Matters.
- Cindy, of Grape Experiences, posts What a Girl Wants: Gourmet Popcorn and Prosecco DOC and DOCG.
- Li, of The Wining Hour, asks you to Step Up Your Game with Prosecco Superiore.
- Camilla, of Culinary Adventures with Camilla, is Climbing the Prosecco Hierarchy: To Prosecco Superiore di Cartizze with Steamed Clams, Smoked Scallops, and Capellini.
Join the Conversation
Chime in on our live #ItalianFWT Twitter Chat. This Saturday - July 6th - at 8 o'clock AM Pacific time. You can follow the main hashtag (#ItalianFWT) and additional hashtags - #proseccosuperiore #coneglianovaldobbiadene #proseccodocg #proseccoelevated - and join in or search for it later and read all the posts.
*Find the Consorzio