- 5 cups leftover bread (I used a soft wheat), torn into 1" pieces
- 1 Butterscotch™ Pear, cored and cubed, approximately 2 cups
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Also needed: 8" baking dish, parchment paper
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 8 to 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 Butterscotch™ Pear, cored and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 Tablespoons organic dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Also needed: heavy skillet
Arrange the pear slices in the pan in a single layer and cook, without stirring, until the fruit begins to caramelize, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
Flip the slices over and cook for another 6 to 8 minutes. The pears should be nicely golden and softened in the center.
Pull the bread pudding out of the oven, after 25 minutes.
Drizzle the caramel over the top, then arrange the caramelized pear slices over the pudding.
Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes.