This month, Sue of Palatable Pastime told the Baking Bloggers that for December: "Let's bake up some party appetizers that are perfect for any December holiday." Here's the #BakingBloggers holiday appetizers party.
- Baked Savory Crackers by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Baked Veggie Bread Roses In Muffin Pan by Sneha's Recipe
- Crab Puffs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Bread Cheese Puffs by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Merguez-Wrapped Duck Eggs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Panela Tarts by Magical Ingredients
- Parmesan Bacon Potato Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp Scampi Flatbread Bites by Making Miracles
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Kebabs by Palatable Pastime
I thought about my favorite breaded appetizer: a Scotch egg. And I had just picked up a dozen duck eggs from Lake Family Forest Farms at our Sunday farmers' market where I was also picking up some meats from Pig Wizard. That sounded like a serendipitous match!
We actually filmed this appetizer for our new #CulinaryCam YouTube channel. As soon as the video is live, I'll link it here.
- 1 pound ground sausage with no casing (I bought this Merguez lamb sausage locally at PigWizard), divided into roughly 2-1/2 ounce portions
- 6 large boiled eggs, peeled (I used Peking duck eggs from Lake Family Forest Farms)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Also need for serving: assorted pickles on the side, microgreens for garnish