This month, I am leading a discussion for the Italian Food Wine Travel bloggers about sparkling Italian wines...just in time for the holidays.
You can read my invitation, here. You'll find more details in that post about the difference between Frizzante and Spumante; the different processes of creating bubbles - Metodo Classico, or Metodo Champenoise, versus Charmat, or Martinotti Method; and, while Prosecco is probably the most well-known Italian sparkling wine, at least in America, there's an entire range of Italian sparklers, including Prosecco Superiore or Prosecco DOCG, Lambrusco, Franciacorta, and more.
A few bloggers received a selection of Prosecco Superiore from the Consorzio of Prosecco Superiore DOCG, but everyone was free to explore any and all sparkling wines from Italy. Here's what the group will be sharing...
- Terri of Our Good Life says Beviamo alla nostra! Prosecco Superiore and Happy Christmas!
- Marcia of Joy of Wine is Celebrating the Season with sparkling Freisa.
- Cindy of Grape Experiences writes about Pure Trentodoc – Sparkling Wines from the Mountains.
- Jill of L'Ocsasion encourages us to Be in Italy for the Holidays with This Bubbly Wine Lineup.
- Gwendolyn of Wine Predator pushes Beyond Prosecco? Try These Sustainable Sparkling Wines from Italy's Erbaluce, Franciacorta, Lambrusco, Pignoletto.
- Lynn of Savor the Harvest gives us Valdobbiadene DOCG Prosecco to Make Your Holiday Sparkle - La Tordera Rive Di Guia.
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm says Cheers to 2021...2020 Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.
- Susannah of Avvinare pours Versatile Lambrusco for the Holidays.
- Deanna of Asian Test Kitchen serves Val D'Oca Prosecco Paired with Party Starters.
- Payal of Keep the Peas offers A ‘SeeYaNever2020’ Toast with Italian Bubbly.
- Linda of My Full Wine Glass says Hello Again, Lambrusco - Everyone Deserves a Second Chance.
- Jane of Always Ravenous pairs a Frizzante with Holiday Sweet Treats.
- Robin of Crushed Grape Chronicles pours Prosecco - Joyful Bubbles to “Wring” Out 2020.
- Jen of Vino Travels is ready to Sparkle up the Holidays with Italian Prosecco.
- Martin of ENOFYLZ Wine Blog offers A Taste of 21st Century Lambrusco; Paltrinieri Lambrusco di Sorbara Radice.
- Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla is Celebrating with Prosecco Superiore Amidst the Pandemic.
And we'd love to have you join the live Twitter chat on Saturday, December 5th at 8am Pacific time. Follow the hashtag #ItalianFWT and be sure to add that to any tweets you post so we can see it.
Thanks Cam....now for the wines to arrive LOL.ReplyDelete
I know. Apologies for them cutting it SO close. Yikes.Delete
Thanks for hosting!ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining me. I think I fixed you link, Jen.Delete