Hello and welcome to day 6 and the end of #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri of Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day, tomorrow. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder.
Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
And for this final day of #PumpkinWeek I decided to (re)post a recipe that my 12-year-old, AKA the Precise Kitchen Elf, made for Thanksgiving last year...and throughout the entire winter. It's a family favorite. Thanks to Terri, of Love and Confections, for hosting this fun, pumpkin-filled week. I hope you enjoyed it. I certainly did.
- 1-1/2 C white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C dark rye flour
- 1 T caraway seeds, lightly crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 C butter
- 2 C pumpkin puree (here's how to make your own puree)
- 1 C Hachiya persimmon puree (feel free to use all pumpkin if you don't have any persimmon)
- 1 C heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 T organic brown sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
Mix the flours, sugar and caraway seeds; rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in 1 teaspoon of water with a fork until the mixture forms a ball. Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper. Press gently into a pie pan. Chill in the freezer until ready to bake.Whisk all of the filling ingredients together and place in the crust.
Check out all the Day 6 #PumpkinWeek recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Dip by Love and Confections
- Pumpkin Pye - that's Pie with a Rye Crust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Caramel Pumpkin Torte by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Pumpkin Loaf by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins by Making Miracles