Here we are at day four of the #StoneFruit blogging party, hosted by Heather of Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks. I didn't post yesterday, but today I have a riff on a Danish summer soup...and Christie is sharing a pluot tart. Yum.
- Abrikossuppe (Danish Apricot Soup) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Rustic Pluot Ricotta Tart from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Danish Apricot Soup
I have read about Danish apricot soup, but never found a recipe using fresh apricots; all of the recipes I found utilized dried apricots. Also, the recipes I found didn't have any proportions, so I made it up as I went along. Hopefully this is close to an authentic Abrikossuppe.
- 4 C quartered apricots
- 1-1/2 C water
- 1 T organic granulated sugar
- 2 t freshly grated lemon zest from an organic lemon + more for garnish
- Prosecco (if you happen to have an open bottle)
In a medium saucepan, simmer apricots, water, and sugar for 12-15 minutes, until apricots are very soft. Once cool enough to handle, place everything in a blender and process until smooth.
Post a Comment