Though I still haven't felt the chill of autumn in the air here on California's central coast, we are sharing recipes with Fall's darling - the apple. Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures wrote: "Fall is just around the corner, but apples are coming into season. From sauces and breads to salads and side dishes, apples are completely versatile."
I am looking forward to getting all sorts of new apple recipes with an entire week devoted to apples next month. But, for now, let's kick off apple season!
- Apple Cider Old Fashion by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples by That Recipe
- Easy Apple Buns by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Apple Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Pork and Apple Kebabs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Apple Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash
I typically make savory stuffed delicatas. But, for this event, I decided to go sweet...and served this for breakfast.
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 delicata squash
- olive oil
- 2 organic apples, cored, peeled, and diced (I used Granny Smith)
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon organic dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut squash in half.
Remove seeds. Place cut side up in a rimmed baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. In the meantime, make the filling.
Combine apples, softened butter, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Remove the foil and return the pan to the oven for a final 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
I love that you served this up for breakfast. I think it would be a great side for dinner too, perhaps with baked ham.ReplyDelete
I alwways wonder what to do with these squash when I get them in my CSA. Love the idea of stuffing them!ReplyDelete
I love delicata squash and can't wait until it hits the grocery store. This sounds fabulous. We won't be having fall weather here until probably Halloween, but it doesn't stop us from loving fall flavors.ReplyDelete
What a yummy stuffing for squash! I can't wait to try this recipe!ReplyDelete
I am going to save this recipe for when the fall squashes start arriving from the CSA. I adore stuffed squash.ReplyDelete
What a delicious variation on delicata squash. Can't wait for them to arrive!ReplyDelete
I haven't seen that squash here. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it so I can try this.ReplyDelete