Though I still haven't felt the chill of autumn in the air here on California's central coast, we are sharing recipes with Fall's darling - the apple. Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures wrote: "Fall is just around the corner, but apples are coming into season. From sauces and breads to salads and side dishes, apples are completely versatile."
I am looking forward to getting all sorts of new apple recipes with an entire week devoted to apples next month. But, for now, let's kick off apple season!
- Apple Cider Old Fashion by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Pork Chops and Apples by That Recipe
- Easy Apple Buns by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Glazed Apple Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Pork and Apple Kebabs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sourdough Apple Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Apple-Stuffed Delicata Squash
I typically make savory stuffed delicatas. But, for this event, I decided to go sweet...and served this for breakfast.
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 delicata squash
- olive oil
- 2 organic apples, cored, peeled, and diced (I used Granny Smith)
- 2 T softened butter
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- 1 T organic dark brown sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut squash in half.
Remove seeds. Place cut side up in a rimmed baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes. In the meantime, make the filling.
Combine apples, softened butter, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Remove the foil and return the pan to the oven for a final 10 minutes. Serve immediately.