Rebekah of Making Miracles is hosting March's Bundt Bakers group. When I read her prompt - "Did you know that March is "National Caffeine Awareness Month"? What better excuse to pull out your favorite caffeinated beverage and incorporate it into a delicious cake! Use anything from tea, coffee, soda, to espresso, etc." - I immediately thought of my favorite coffeehouse drink. I'll get to that. But here's what the #BundtBakers are sharing...
- Caramel Macchiato Mini Bundts by Magical Ingredients
- Coca-Cola Bundt Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Coffee and Baileys Individual Bundts by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Coffee Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Dirty Chai Mini Bundts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Espresso Chocolate Bundt Cake by Patyco Candybar
- Ginger & Lemon Green Tea Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Patty's Cake
- Marble Coffee Bundt by Sneha's Recipe
- Vietnamese Coffee Bundt Cake by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
Back in our pre-COVID world - can you remember that far back?!? - I would indulge in a dirty chai latte whenever we'd stop for a coffee and a pastry before a hike. I mean it's the best of all things - it's spicy and it's got a shot of espresso in it!
If you are not familiar with chai, I have shared my own Masala Chai Spice Blend; I have made Mysterious Masala Chai and Marigold Masala Chai; and I even used it to make Chai Latte Gummy Bears! But, basically, chai means 'tea' and masala means 'spiced.'
So, what's a dirty chai, you ask? It's chai with milk and a shot of coffee or espresso!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup ginger syrup (or you can also use honey or molasses)
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee or espresso
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1" knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- optional: organic powdered sugar for dusting, melted chocolate for drizzling