- About Me
- Culinary Cam on YouTube
- Foodie Reads Challenge
- Past Foodie Reads
- Preserving History Project
- Partnering with The Quail & Olive, Carmel Valley
- More Plants, More Movement
- Dough-Ba Fett's Sourdough Adventures
- Mindful Eating + The Green Book
- The Purple & Red Books
- Work With Me
Friday, August 26, 2011
"What kind of grain?"
I started buying and cooking farro when I lived in Rome. I have always thought it was barley; it looks like barley. But when Riley asked me what it was tonight, I decided that I should look it up just to be precise. Farro (Triticum dioccum) is an ancient wheat while Triticum spelta is spelt. Turns out...it's not barley.
Whatever it is, we're calling it dinner.