- About Me
- Culinary Cam on YouTube
- Foodie Reads Challenge
- Past Foodie Reads
- Preserving History Project
- Partnering with The Quail & Olive, Carmel Valley
- More Plants, More Movement
- Dough-Ba Fett's Sourdough Adventures
- Mindful Eating + The Green Book
- The Purple & Red Books
- Work With Me
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Blackberry + Cabernet + Chocolate = Gelato Bliss
4 egg yolks
1/2 C organic raw sugar
1. In a medium saucepan, mix milk and cream. Warm until foam forms around the edges. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until frothy. Gradually pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture gels slightly and coats the back of the spoon. If small egg lumps begin to show, remove from heat immediately.
3. Pour the mixture through a sieve or fine strainer into a bowl. Cover, and chill for several hours or overnight.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a sealed container, and freeze until firm. If the gelato is too firm, place it in the refrigerator until it reaches the desired consistency.