- About Me
- Culinary Cam on YouTube
- Foodie Reads Challenge
- Past Foodie Reads
- Preserving History Project
- Partnering with The Quail & Olive, Carmel Valley
- More Plants, More Movement
- Dough-Ba Fett's Sourdough Adventures
- Mindful Eating + The Green Book
- The Purple & Red Books
- Work With Me
Monday, August 22, 2011
Baked Pumpkin...oh, the possibilities!
I took the biggest one and roasted it tonight. Cut a hole in the top of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Place two orange halves in the cavity and fill the pumpkin half-way with water. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Let cool.
Now the fun begins. I can scrape the flesh out and make a puree or I can slice it into wedges, drizzle it with ginger syrup and bake it again until the the wedges are brown and caramelized. I haven't quite decided. I do know that I am going to savor every single bite.