Earlier in the year I saw a post from one of my favorite bloggers - Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm - and I realized that they've been having a muffin party for years without me. LOL. I emailed the host, Stacy of Food Lust People Love and got the scoop: "...last Monday of the month and no themes. We've been baking together since August 2015! Only one rule, you must use the muffin method (folding wet ingredients with dry - no creaming butter and sugar, etc.) to bake muffins."
Oh, my goodness...is that the muffin rule? That makes total sense. But I had no idea.
In my house we've always said that if it's 'naked' as in frosting-free, it's a muffin; if there's frosting, then it's a cupcake. Turns out there's more to it than that. In any case, I jumped in. This is my fourth month participating with the #MuffinMonday bloggers.
- Berry Oatmeal Muffin from Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins from Making Miracles
- Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins with Cheddar Butter from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Red, White & Blue Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sour Cream Lemon Muffins with a Rosemary Glaze from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sourdough Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sour Cream Lemon Muffins
with a Rosemary Glaze
Ingredients makes one dozen
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons organic lemon zest
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (you can use pure lemon extract if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary, finely chopped
- Also needed: muffin pan, paper liners
- 3 Tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons organic rosemary, finely chopped plus a few whole rosemary leaves for garnish
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin or pan with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, egg, extract, and rosemary. Stir until well-blended. The batter will be thick.
Whisk all of the ingredient together until smooth. With a spoon, drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled muffins. Place a fresh rosemary leaf or two on top of each one as a garnish. The glaze will harden a bit after sitting.