Earlier in the year I saw a post from one of my favorite bloggers - Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm - and I realized that they've been having a muffin party for years without me. LOL. I emailed the host, Stacy of Food Lust People Love and got the scoop: "...last Monday of the month and no themes. We've been baking together since August 2015! Only one rule, you must use the muffin method (folding wet ingredients with dry - no creaming butter and sugar, etc.) to bake muffins."
Oh, my goodness...is that the muffin rule? That makes total sense. But I had no idea.
In my house we've always said that if it's 'naked' as in frosting-free, it's a muffin; if there's frosting, then it's a cupcake. Turns out there's more to it than that. In any case, I jumped in. This is my fourth month participating with the #MuffinMonday bloggers.
- Berry Oatmeal Muffin from Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins from Making Miracles
- Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Jalapeño Corn Bread Muffins with Cheddar Butter from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Red, White & Blue Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Sour Cream Lemon Muffins with a Rosemary Glaze from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sourdough Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Sour Cream Lemon Muffins
with a Rosemary Glaze
Ingredients makes one dozen
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons organic lemon zest
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia (you can use pure lemon extract if you wish)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary, finely chopped
- Also needed: muffin pan, paper liners
- 3 Tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons organic rosemary, finely chopped plus a few whole rosemary leaves for garnish
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin tin or pan with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, egg, extract, and rosemary. Stir until well-blended. The batter will be thick.
Whisk all of the ingredient together until smooth. With a spoon, drizzle glaze over the top of the cooled muffins. Place a fresh rosemary leaf or two on top of each one as a garnish. The glaze will harden a bit after sitting.
Lemon and rosemary are one of my favorite flavor combinations. Lovely muffins, Camilla!ReplyDelete
These muffins are lovely Cam. Great flavor profile.ReplyDelete
I'm so intrigued by the rosemary glaze! Can't wait to hit the farm and pick some up to give these a try!ReplyDelete
These are so pretty - that glaze!! Love the touch of rosemary you added!ReplyDelete
That glaze!! It's calling my name! I love the combo of lemon and rosemary together. And happy 4th Muffin Monday!ReplyDelete
I am in love with your rosemary glaze, Lemon and rosemary made wonderful combo. Delicious muffin.ReplyDelete