I adore this dish for its simplicity and flexibility. I usually use whatever herbs I need to mirror the flavors of a dish. In this case, I used dried lavender and fresh thyme.
- 1 lb organic brown crimini mushrooms
- 4 T butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 C red wine (I used some Merlot)
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T fresh thyme, minced
- 1 T dried organic lavender buds
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Brush any dirt from your mushrooms. Place the mushrooms into a rimmed baking dish. Pour in wine and balsamic vinegar. Add in garlic, thyme, and lavender. Toss so that the mushrooms are evenly coated. Lay cubes of butter on top of mushrooms. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the mushrooms are tender, move to a serving plate and season to taste with salt and pepper.