But, through the various cooking groups to which I belong, I am posting grilled cheese recipes for multiple events this month. In preparation, I hosted a Grilled Cheese Party in the Garden and had some helpers in creating and testing recipes.
If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
I learned a lot that day in the garden! Many of the friends I questioned claimed that grilled cheese should only be bread and cheese. But I provided a variety of ingredients for my recipe testers. What we discovered: it's all about the extras!
The recipe I'm going to share today was my creation...I'm calling it Camilla's Pretty and Pink Grilled Cheese...
- sourdough bread, sliced
- thinly sliced apples
- pickled red onions
- radish blossoms
- lavender leaves
Heat your grill pan. Butter on slice of bread and place that, butter side down, on the hot pan. Layer your sandwich with mozzarella, dots of brie, thinly sliced apples, picked red onions, radish blossoms, lavender leaves; finish with another layer of mozzarella so that you have cheesy goodness on both top and bottom! Butter the top bread. Then grill till the bread is golden and crisped and the cheese is melted and gooey. Serve hot.
Here's what the whole gang made...
- Bacon Apple Mascarpone Grilled Cheese from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Grilled Cheese from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Chicken Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese from Jacklyn at Mrs. Penguin
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings
- Crusty Griddle Baked Quesadillas with Poblano Rajas from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Toast Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Berry Compote from Joy at The Joyful Foodie
- Grilled Cheese in the Garden from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Spinach from Tara at Tara's Multicultural Table
- Ham, Apple and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese from Carlee at Cooking With Carlee
- Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Southern Grilled Cheese from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Pear Grilled Cheese from Kelly at Passion Kneaded