Welcome to a brand-new-to-me event: #Sunday Supper. Every week creative cookers and bakers from all around the blogosphere converge to create a themed, virtual potluck with the goal of enticing families back around the dinner table. My husband, boys, and I eat two meals a day together, so Sunday dinner is nothing out of the ordinary. But I can definitely get behind a movement that focuses on families sitting, conversing, and eating supper together.
DB, the Foodie Stuntman, who blogs at Crazy Foodie Stunts is our host this week. The theme is Eat Your Greens. It's the perfect week for me to join the fun. If you've been following me for even a brief period, you'll know that I put greens in everything. I fold them into ricotta dumplings, Malfatti di Ricotta e Bietola; I bake them into frittata - here's a chard-laden Marigold Frittata; and one of my favorite Indian dishes is Palak Paneer, homemade paneer cheese in an lightly spiced, emerald-hued sauce.
So, for this, my first #SundaySupper post, I decided to create a salad with some of my favorite Spring greens - delicate pea shoots, tender asparagus, and crisp fennel. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 4 ounces fresh organic pea shoots
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 fennel bulb
- olive oil (use a high quality olive oil)
- 2 ounces Grana Padana cheese, coarsely grated
- fleur de sel
- freshly ground pepper
Top the pea shoots and fennel with the chilled asparagus. Drizzle the olive oil over the greens. Grate the Grana Padana over the top and hand-salt the salad. Grind some fresh pepper over the top and you're done! It's amazingly fresh and tasty - a perfect Spring salad that dances on your palate.
Here's the Eat Your Greens offerings from the entire #SundaySupper crew. Enjoy!
Green Light Appetizers and Sides
- Espinacas con Crema (Creamed Spinach) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Steakhouse Style Creamed Spinach from It's Yummi!
- Oven-Fried Green Beans from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Irish Champ from girlichef
- Fresh Herb Tabouleh from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Moroccan Greens from Cooking On The Ranch
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Polenta Crust Creamed Spinach Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Broccoli Baked Potatoes from MealDiva
- Spinach and Artichoke Squares from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Green Rice from Basic N Delicious
- Broccoli and Blue Cheese Tarts from Mess Makes Food
- Avocado Fries from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Spinach Cashew Pakoras with Tangy Date Sauce from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Garlicky Italian Green Beans and Potatoes from Webicurean
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes from Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Broccoli Spinach Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Apple, Spinach and Zucchini Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Brussels Sprouts Slaw from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Asparagus-Fennel-Pea Shoot Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Salad from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Eggs and Greens Pizza from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Creamy Green Pizza from The Foodie Patootie
- Shamrock Spinach Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Healthy Green Pasta from Momma's Meals
- Swiss Chard & Sausage Pasta Bake from Delaware Girl Eats
- Smothered Cabbage with Pork from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Fettuccine with Bacon Alfredo from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Roasted Asparagus Eggs Benedict With Cajun Hollandaise from Having Fun Saving
- Indulgent Pesto Risotto from The Weekend Gourmet
- Twice Baked Turkey Pie with Cabbage from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Slow-Cooker Irish Stout Chicken Stew from FoodieTots
- Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread Pizza from Family Foodie
- Lemon Kiwi Meringue Pie from Desserts Required
- Mint Cookies and Stout Shake from Melanie Makes
- Verde Sangria from Country Girl in the Village
- Baileys Mint Ice Cream & Chocolate Stout Float from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shamrock Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Green Tea Latte from Manu's Menu
- Grasshopper Mousse from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Amazing Grass Brownies from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Leprechaun Ice Cream from Cookistry
- White Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachio Pudding Frosting from Cookin' Mimi
- Collard Greens, Mushroom, and Cheddar Bread Pudding from The Texan New Yorker
- Coconut Avocado Ice Cream from URBAN BAKES
- Lime Meltaways from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Mint Cake from NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.