The great thing about this recipe: its flexibility. You can use whatever root vegetables you have. Think rutabagas, parsnips, celeriac. Get creative!
- 6 turnips, cut into 1" pieces
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into wedges with the end intact
- 3 purple potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 C honey (I used a local pine honey)
- pinch of saffron
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- dash of ground sweet paprika
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4-5 thyme sprigs
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Roast the vegetables for about 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked and glazed. You want them soft, but not mushy.
Drizzle the lemon juice over the roasted veggies and toss them with the oil at the bottom of the pan.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves removed from the stems.