This month, Kate of Kate's Recipe Box invited the Festive Foodies to shared salad recipes in honor of National Salad Month. What a great event, especially as so many fresh fruits and vegetables are coming into season. I was in. Immediately.
The Festive Foodies' Salad Bar
- Italian Chopped Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Austrian Potato Salad by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Jarred Salad Matrix by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Greek Village Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spring Salad with Herb Garden Dressing by Our Good Life
- Tuscan Tuna and White Bean Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Fennel Barley Chickpea Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Broccoli Salad by Creative Southern Home
- Fried Chicken Salad by The Beard and The Baker
- Fennel & Tomato Italian Vinaigrette Salad by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Jarred Salad MatrixI decided to share, not exactly a recipe but, a matrix. This is an easy way to layer a salad into a mason jar. Nothing gets soggy and you have a healthy, colorful lunch for later in the day. It's my go-to lunch and is limited only by your imagination! Just remember to build from the bottom up.
Layer Five: proteins. This is the layer that fills you up. Think nuts, cheese, grilled chicken, hard-boiled eggs, pressed tofu, and cooked beans or legumes.