April 23 is National Picnic Day. So the #OurFamilyTable group has decided to share our favorite portable picnic recipes to bring to the blanket.
Portable Picnic Food
- Apple Rose Tarts by Simply Inspired Meals
- Carrot Kohlrabi Coleslaw by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Pan Bagna by Our Good Life
- Peach Crumble Bars by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sour Cream and Chive Deviled Eggs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Spring Smörgåsbord by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Summer Pasta Salad by Sweet Beginnings
- Tuna Antipasto by Art of Natural Living
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
One of our favorite picnic meals is a Scandinavian-style smörgåsbord filled with boiled shrimp, smoked fish, pickled vegetables, and roasted potatoes.
So I usually present platters of ham, hard-boiled eggs, shrimp, potatoes, avocados, rhubarb-raspberry jam, cornichons, fresh radishes, fresh sugar snap peas, fresh mint, and fresh parsley.
And to round out a Spring Smörgåsbord, you need a layered cake...such as a Petaled Ricotta Layer Cake...though a traditional dessert would be a strawberry cake.
And you'll also need an Aquavit cocktail. I'm partial to an Aquavit & Tonic. Skål!