Today, Sue of Palatable Pastime and Wendy of A Day in the Life have the Baking Bloggers baking with Spring vegetables. Here's today's celebration of Spring...
- Baked Mixed Veg Pasta by Sneha's Recipe
- Baked Romaine Lettuce Chips by Our Good Life
- Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Bake by Palatable Pastime
- Rhabarberkuchen - German Rhubarb Cake by Pandemonium Noshery
- Roasted Asparagus with Shaved Fennel by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Roasted Radish Tart by Sid's Sea Palm Cooking
- Roasted Spring Vegetable Farro Salad by Caroline's Cooking
- Roasted Veggie Cobb Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Spring Vegetable Gratin by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sweet Onion Galette with Parmesan and Mascarpone by Karen's Kitchen Stories
Roasted Asparagus with Shaved Fennel
Whenever I see fennel in our High Ground Organics CSA and at the farmers' markets, I know that it must be Spring! I use fennel in place of onions whenever I can. This is a mostly hands-off veggie side dish that is amazing in taste and texture. Did I mention 'hands off'?? It was the perfect addition to our Spring table. I like to serve these on a platter with my Butter-Braised Radishes over Little Gems.
Ingredients serves 10
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and shaved (I used my mandolin slicer)
- large flake salt
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Snap off the last inch of the asparagus stem and discard - or save for a veggie stock. Lay your asparagus on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lay shaved fennel on top of the spears. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with flake sale and freshly ground pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
That's it! Delicious Spring-y goodness.