Skip to main content

PB & Marionberry J Fudge #PeanutButterandJellyDay #FestiveFoodies


Kate of Kate's Recipe Box invited the Festive Foodies to join her in celebrating National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Though peanut butter and jelly isn't normally a combination that I make, I jumped in.

The PB& J Line-Up

PB & Marionberry J Fudge 

Technically, the 'J' in my title is for marionberry jam, not jelly. Whoops. I didn't have time to remake it and it was perfect as is. Really. And, while I typically make fudge with condensed milk, I decided to try a different process.

Ingredients makes an 8" x 8" pan

  • 1 C butter
  • 1 C peanut butter (I like Justin's, just be sure to stir the oil in before you use it)
  • 1 t pure vanilla extract
  • 3-1/2 C organic powdered sugar, sifted
  • jam or jelly (I used marionberry jam)
  • Also needed parchment paper



Procedure
Line an 8" x 8" square pan with parchment paper leaving a slight overhang. 

Combine the butter and peanut butter in a medium saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat until the butter is melted. Whisk until smooth.

Using a wooden spoon, stir in vanilla and powdered sugar until combined and thickened.

Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula and spread a thin layer of jam over the top. Allow to set for about an hour in the fridge before serving. Longer is fine, too.


Lift fudge out from pan using the parchment overhang and slice into 1" pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

Comments

  1. This recipe sounds delicious Cam and I love how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I love fudge, especially peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fudge sounds like a great PB&J(jam) combo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...