- Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid by Family Around the Table
- Cinnamon Rolls by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Framboise Whipped Stilton Cheese Toasts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Katsu Sando Finger Sandwiches by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lavender Tea Bread with Fresh Lemon Glaze by Our Good Life
- No Bake Strawberry Yogurt Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Slow Cooker Mexican Breakfast Casserole by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Tomato Gratin by Karen's Kitchen Stories
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
Framboise Whipped Stilton Cheese Toasts
This was just one combination on a platter of nibbles to start a great brunch. And, it's hardly a recipe, I know. But that's what makes it perfect for Mothers' Day, right? Quick note: 'framboise' refers to two different things, though both are raspberry-based. First is a Belgian lambic beer that's fermented with a raspberry puree in it; the second, and what I use in this recipe, is a raspberry-infused dessert wine.
Ingredients serves 6
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 C framboise
- 2 C fresh, organic raspberries
- flake sea salt + more for serving
- 1 baguette cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 T olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C stilton or any other kind of bleu cheese that you prefer
- 1/3 C mascarpone cream cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine the vinegar and framboise in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until thickened and reduced. The syrup should coat the back of a spoon when ready; mine took approximately 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Once the syrup is cool, toss with the berries in with 1/2 t of flake salt. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then strain out excess liquid, leaving about 1/4 C of the liquid in the bowl.
In the meantime, arrange bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with freshly ground back pepper. Place in the oven and toast until golden, approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Flip over halfway through cooking.
Combine the mascarpone with the stilton along with 1/2 t of salt. Whisk together until lightened and fluffy.
To assemble toasts, top each slice of toast with some cheese mixture and a spoonful of the soaked raspberries. Season with a sprinkle of flake sea salt before serving, if desired.