This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to the first day of #BrunchWeek 2019! What a line-up of bloggers, recipes, sponsors, and prizes we have for you. Take a look at my introductory post for the event. And a quick shout-out of gratitude to our fearless leaders: Terri of Love and Confections and Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures!
Monday's #BrunchWeek Line-Up
- Blueberry Lemonade from Family Around The Table
- Easy Smoothie Shooters from The Nifty Foodie
- Fresh Squeezed Blackberry Lemonade from Cooking With Carlee
- Guava Mimosas from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Guava Moscow Mule from Love and Confections
- Lightening Lavender Margarita from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mango Mimosa from April Golightly
- Rum Punch for Brunch! from Hardly A Goddess
- Sparkling Lavender Lemonade from Snacks and Sips
- Strawberry Lavender Smoothie from Eat Move Make
BrunchWeek Appetizers and Salads
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes
- Baked Eggs with Mushroom and Asparagus from Caroline's Cooking
- Baked Hash Brown and Egg Cups from Creative Southern Home
- Breakfast Pizza from Kate's Recipe Box
- Cheesy Scrambled Egg Stuffed Popovers from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Fried Green Tomato BLT Benedict from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ham, Egg, & Spinach Breakfast Bites from Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Carrot and Beet Frittatas from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bake from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Mexican Frittata from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Soy-Brined Hard-Boiled Eggs from Shockingly Delicious
- The Best Avocado Toast from Simply Healthyish Recipes
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Stuffed Muffins from Big Bear's Wife
- Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
- How to Build A Crepe Bar from The Crumby Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Peach Sweet Rolls from The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Main Dishes
- Cheesy Baked Breakfast Tacos from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides
- Mashed Potato, Cheddar & Bacon Waffles from Tip Garden
- Zucchini Cheese Pancakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Banana Bread Cookies from Who Needs A Cape?
- Cinnamon Roll Cake from Books n' Cooks
- Espresso Banana Bread from Pass the Sushi
- Spring Blooms Cake from The Mandatory Mooch
- Vegan Coffee Cinnamon Rolls from The Baking Fairy
Roasted Carrot and Beet Frittatas
I decided to kick off the week with a dish that is always on my brunch table: frittatas. There are a couple of reasons for that. First, they are flexible; you can use whatever veggies and herbs you have on-hand. Second, they are easy; it take just a few minutes to put them together. And lastly, they taste great both warm or cold. So, you can pack them on a picnic or serve them fresh out of the oven a your dining room table.
For this version, I wanted to feature product from one of our generous event sponsors: Cabot Creamery Cooperative. They sent me multiple pounds of shredded cheeses for recipe development. For these, I went with their Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Ingredients makes two 9" frittata, easily halved for one
- organic carrots, halved lengthwise
- organic baby beets, quartered lengthwise
- organic fennel bulb, thickly sliced
- olive oil
- Also needed: baking sheet
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T snipped fresh chives
- 1 T fresh dill + more for garnish
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 C shredded cheese (prefer Cabot)
- Also needed: two 9" round baking pans
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss the veggies with olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until they are fork tender. Remove from the oven and set aside. Keep the carrots and beets that size. Once the fennel is cool enough to handle, dice them.
Reduce heat on the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, herbs, salt, and pepper. Fold in the cheese and 1/2 C diced fennel and divide evenly between your baking pans.
Arrange roasted carrots (and beets) on the frittata and place on a baking sheet. Place sheet in the oven and bake, uncovered, until the eggs are firmed up, approximately 40 minutes.
To serve, transfer from baking pans to serving platters. Arrange another layer of roasted veggies on top and garnish with fresh dill.
Enter to Win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.