In an effort to make all of my holiday gifts this year, some of my favorite bloggers and I are sharing recipes for hand-crafted edibles. Over the course of twelve weeks, we'll be sharing recipes that you can make at home to give to friends and loved ones. We hope you'll follow along for inspiration. You can find out more information, including the schedule: here.
Here are our pickles...
- Amy's Cooking Adventures jarred her Refrigerator Dill Pickles
- Making Miracles made Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles
- Christmas Tree Lane shared Refrigerator Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- A Day in the Life on the Farm posted Spiced Apples
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla Pickled Radishes
Next week, check back for our recipes to inspire your holiday cheese trays. Think homemade cheese and charcuterie...or anything that would go well on a cheese platter. Don't forget to check out our #handcraftededibles pinterest board.
Quick Pickled Radishes
- 2 C radishes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 C water
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 t maple syrup
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t rainbow peppercorns
Pour the maple syrup in the bottom of a lidded jar. Stack the radishes, peppercorns and garlic until you’ve reached the top of the jar. Pour the salt on top, then add the liquid, completely covering the contents of the jar. Cover with an airtight lid and place in the fridge. You can try them after twenty-four hours. They will keep for up to three weeks.