Goedangan is a cool and refreshing salad that's similar to Indonesian gado-gado. It's made with blanched vegetables in a coconut-based dressing.
- 1 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 oz green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 C mung bean sprouts
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 C coconut cream
- 1/2 C yogurt
- 3 T organic turbinado sugar
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 organic Meyer lemon
- pinch of salt
- ground paprika for garnish
Whisk together the coconut cream and yogurt. Stir in the sugar, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
Slice the cabbage into thin strips and trim the ends off the green beans.
In batches, blanch the cabbage, green beans, and mung bean sprouts. Drain and plunge them into a batch of ice water. Let stand for 5 minutes. then drain.
Post a Comment