This page contains affiliate links , however, all opinions expressed here are my own.
I love to make my own spice blends for a couple of reasons. First, I can blend just what I need for a few dishes so the spice blends stay fresh. Second, because I am making the blend, I control what's in it. There are no fillers, sugars, or salts.
I recently posted the process on our CulinaryCam YouTube channel; I started with my DIY Taco Seasoning. Click to watch the video here!
I love getting my spices from Thrive Market because they are organic, non-GMO. And because it's their own label, the prices are very affordable!
From time to time, I will point out products or services that I use and recommend. And I will link them in the video description. Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Using the links don’t cost you anything extra, but it does help to give us a little bit of money so we can continue to create fun videos for you. We really appreciate the support!
- 1/4 cup paprika (on Thrive Market)
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder (on Thrive Market)
- 2 Tablespoons oregano (on Thrive Market)
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin (on Thrive Market)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder (on Thrive Market)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (on Thrive Market)
- freshly ground black pepper, 10 to 15 grinds
- Also needed: mason jar with lid
Place all the spices in a clean, dry mason jar. Cover with a lid and shake until well-combined. Label and use the spice blend within three months.
You'll be seeing this blend in my quick and easy soft tacos coming up soon! Stay tuned.