Happy New Year. I am hosting the first Wine Pairing Weekend of 2021 and wanted to kick off the 2021 #WinePW line-up with something a little bit different, but really flexible, too. So, the theme I posted for the January 2021 assignment: Saké & Other Pairings for Asian Foods. A couple of things to note...
Not Only Saké
I've long been interested in learning about saké (a fermented rice wine). So, if bloggers wanted to taste and pair saké with foods, great. Or if they wanted to share their favorite (grape) wines that they pair with Asian cuisine, that's wonderful, too.
The #WinePW Explorations
- An Affordable and Aromatic Gewürztraminer Paired with Red Thai Curry by Crushed Grape Chronicles
- Asian Appetizers Paired with Tozai Sake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cashew Chicken With A Crisp Riesling by Our Good Life
- Ground Pork Stir Fry With Collard Greens by Cooking Chat
- Knocking off CPK While Sipping SMV Riesling by Exploring the Wine Glass
- Our Osechi Ryori おせち料理 (Japanese New Year’s Food), Other New Year's Eve Traditions, + Recent Saké Explorations by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Rosé with Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup by The Quirky Cork
- Steak and Saké Night at the Culinary Cabin by Somm's Table
- Sushi and Wine? Totally Fine! Here's a Few to Try in 2021 by Wine Predator
- Tio Pepe Fino Sherry and Sushi/Sashimi: A Match Made in Heaven! by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Live #WinePW Twitter Chat January 9, 11 a.m. ET: Participating bloggers and others interested in the subject will connect via a live Twitter chat. It's a nice bring way to bring in others interested in the subject who didn't get a chance to share a blog post. Anyone is welcome to join the lively discussion. Just follow the hashtag #WinePW and be sure to add it to anything you tweet so we can see it.