- Lori of Dracaena Wines is Celebrating International Albariño Day with #WinePW.
- David from Cooking Chat offers up Rias Baixas Albariño with Summer Party Nibbles.
- Sarah of Curious Cuisiniere puts together Galician Style Mussels In White Wine And An Albariño WinePairing.
- Jill of L'Occasion says What We’re Drinking Now: Chill White Wine from Spain andPortugal.
- Jeff of FoodWineClick! writes Tapas and Albariño: A Winning Combination.
- Lauren of The Swirling Dervish features Wines from Cariñena, Spain: Perfect for Summer Sipping.
- Cindy of Grape Experiences is Summer Sipping: Pazo Pondal Albariño 2017.
- Rupal of Syrah Queen lists Top White Wines from the Douro Valley.
- Michelle of Rockin Red Blog tells us to Beat the Summer Heat with Rias Baixas Albariño.
- Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm shares Albariño and Seafood Stew: the Perfect Pairing.
- Jane of Always Ravenous serves Grilled Clams with Spanish Albariño.
- Nicole of Somm's Table is Cooking to the Wine: Adegas Gran Vinum Nessa Albariño RiasBaixas and an Umami-packed Twist on Fish and Chips.
- Susannah of avvinare offers Albariño paired with Shrimp Paella - A Summer Delight.
- Gwendolyn of Wine Predator is having an Albariño Adventure on Anglesey.
- Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla pairs California Central Coast Albariños with Spanish Bites.
California Central Coast
Albariños with Spanish Bites
Almejas y Mejillones al Vino Blanco
+ Albariño de Fefiñanes III Año
After that, I had a lot of fun matching three different local-to-me Albariños with squid and salmon. I found the salinity and minerality of the wines a delicious flavor foil to fresh seafood. I have a few more bottles to pour and pair. Stay tuned for that. For now, here are my three offerings for this month. Enjoy!
Roasted Squid With Chorizo and Pimentón
+ La Marea Albariño 2017
Calamares y Patatas
+ Pierce Ranch Albariño Pétillant-Naturel
Butter-Braised Salmon with Summer Salsa
+ Pierce Ranch 2016 Albariño
And next month Cindy of Grape Experiences is hosting the group as we explore Greek wines. Can't wait to see her invitation.
You did get creative with this one, once again! I especially like the sound of the salmon dish. Thanks for hosting!ReplyDelete
Thanks, David. Yes, that salmon was amazingly tasty. Can't wait to chat with everyone in a few minutes.Delete
Thanks again for hosting Cam...you and your family eat more squid in one year than most people eat in a lifetime!ReplyDelete
It's true! Helps that squid is abundant in our waters...and our CSF has it regularly.Delete
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! The squid and the Mejillas look right up my alley!ReplyDelete
Oooh, the squid and chorizo dish sounds like heaven! And perfect with the Albarino. Thanks again for hosting this month!ReplyDelete
Thanks for hosting Cam and for choosing a great theme. Albarino is one of my favs!ReplyDelete