This is a sponsored post written by me in conjunction with a Locavore Feast I hosted.
Some ingredients were provided for this post and this page may contain affiliate links.
No dinner party is complete without a few fresh salads, I say. And for a recent Locavore Feast, I wanted to use the wildflower honey from Carmel Honey Company in a hearty salad with greens from Serendipity Farms.* Ever grateful that two of my favorite purveyors donated to this fundraising dinner.
- 1 C strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 T honey
- 5 T red wine vinegar
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- greens, thinly sliced (I used the Braising Greens Mix from Serendipity that included kale and chard. Feel free to use less hearty greens if you wish)
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- freshly ground salt, as needed
- freshly ground pepper, as needed
- crumbled cheese, optional (I forgot to add this. Whoops!)
Combine the strawberries, honey, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Place braising greens in a large mixing bowl and dress as desired. Toss to coat completely and turn onto a serving platter. Garnish with fresh strawberries and top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately. The dressing will store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just whisk it before using if it has separated.