Happy Mothers' Day to all!! Whether your child is young, old, or even a fur-baby, we're celebrating that often thankless act of nurturing, mothering, and loving.
Welcome to my first time hosting #SundaySupper. Special shout out of gratitude to Renee of Magnolia Days for updating the links so I didn't have to set my alarm for 2:45am. Thank you, thank you.
Before I became a mom, I celebrated Mothers' Day with my mom, my grandmothers, and numerous aunts. But - it wasn't until I had R - that I realized: Mothers' Day is the most important holiday of the year. Totally my opinion, but that's what I think now. I certainly feel that it's more important that my birthday.
Why? I asked myself the other day.
Motherhood is, bar none, the toughest job I've ever had. It's also the most rewarding, but it's ever in flux. Just when you think you have it figured out, it changes. They change. You change.
Becoming a mom has certainly made me more flexible, more compassionate, and - in many ways - more loving. It has also made me embrace the color pink.
Before I became a permanent resident in Testosterone Land, surrounded and completely outnumbered by my husband and our two boys, I didn't really care for the color pink. Now, I own it. I flaunt it. I embrace it. Besides, they know that if something is pink, it's mine...and it's probably off limits.
So, in thinking about the Mothers' Day recipe I wanted to share, I knew that it had to be pink...or have pink in the name. I decided to create my version of the La Vie en Rose Sparkling Cocktail. There are many versions. Mine includes rosewater and some floral-infused gin.
La Vie En Rose literally translates to 'life in pink.' However, a better translation might be 'life through rose-colored lenses.' The idea: look at the world that so it's rosy and cheerful. It's about a state of contentment, when everything bring you joy. It's that state maybe of being deeply in love, that Edith Piaf sings about in the song of the same name. Give a listen.
- 2 drops rosewater
- 1 t floral-infused gin
- 1 sugar cube, or 1 t sugar (I used a rough cut demerara sugar cube)
- champagne or prosecco, to top off
- flower garnish, optional
Place the sugar cube into a champagne flute glass. Add the rosewater and gin. Allow sugar cube to dissolve. Top off with bubbles. Garnish with a flower, if desired. Serve. Cheers!
Here's what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew brought to the Mothers' Day table...
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma's Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma's Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline's Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.