Skip to main content

La Vie en Rose for #SundaySupper


Happy Mothers' Day to all!! Whether your child is young, old, or even a fur-baby, we're celebrating that often thankless act of nurturing, mothering, and loving.

Welcome to my first time hosting #SundaySupper. Special shout out of gratitude to Renee of Magnolia Days for updating the links so I didn't have to set my alarm for 2:45am. Thank you, thank you.

Before I became a mom, I celebrated Mothers' Day with my mom, my grandmothers, and numerous aunts. But - it wasn't until I had R - that I realized: Mothers' Day is the most important holiday of the year. Totally my opinion, but that's what I think now. I certainly feel that it's more important that my birthday.

Why? I asked myself the other day.

Motherhood is, bar none, the toughest job I've ever had. It's also the most rewarding, but it's ever in flux. Just when you think you have it figured out, it changes. They change. You change.

Becoming a mom has certainly made me more flexible, more compassionate, and - in many ways - more loving. It has also made me embrace the color pink.

Before I became a permanent resident in Testosterone Land, surrounded and completely outnumbered by my husband and our two boys, I didn't really care for the color pink. Now, I own it. I flaunt it. I embrace it. Besides, they know that if something is pink, it's mine...and it's probably off limits.


So, in thinking about the Mothers' Day recipe I wanted to share, I knew that it had to be pink...or have pink in the name. I decided to create my version of the La Vie en Rose Sparkling Cocktail. There are many versions. Mine includes rosewater and some floral-infused gin.


La Vie En Rose literally translates to 'life in pink.' However, a better translation might be 'life through rose-colored lenses.' The idea: look at the world that so it's rosy and cheerful. It's about a state of contentment, when everything bring you joy. It's that state maybe of being deeply in love, that Edith Piaf sings about in the song of the same name. Give a listen.


Ingredients
  • 2 drops rosewater
  • 1 t floral-infused gin
  • 1 sugar cube, or 1 t sugar (I used a rough cut demerara sugar cube)
  • champagne or prosecco, to top off
  • flower garnish, optional


Procedure
Place the sugar cube into a champagne flute glass. Add the rosewater and gin. Allow sugar cube to dissolve. Top off with bubbles. Garnish with a flower, if desired. Serve. Cheers!



Here's what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew brought to the Mothers' Day table...
Celebratory Sips Starters and Salads Hearty Mains Treats and Sweets
Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest boardWould you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

Comments

  1. Thank you for hosting and the shoutout. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubbles are always welcome at a celebration and I love your little additions, Camilla! Happy Mother's Day and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Cam and thanks so much for hosting today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and would make any mom very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a spectacular Mother's Day beverage! Thanks so much for hosting us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love embracing pink as well and this drink looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day! What a beautiful cocktail to celebrate with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose colored glasses or not these cocktails sound delicious! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the uniqueness of this, I bet mom would love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flaunt that pink, Camilla! Cheers to you on Mother's Day and the other 364 days of the year, too. Motherhood undoubtedly is the most important job in the world =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so easy and elegant at the same time. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for hosting this week, and for the beautiful La Vie en Rose. I am a champagne lover, and I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cocktails that have a presentation! Thanks for coming over and having some of my Blood Orange Mimosa (Momma's Mimosa) on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving everything about this. A little, sweet, a little bubbly. Plus, floral infused gin? That so needs to happen in my kitchen, like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting! Happy Mother's Day Camilla!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm, I'm such a prosecco girl. This sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I do not like pink, but I might end up joining you in that club if baby 2 is a boy! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meyer Lemon Custard-Filled Matcha Turtles #BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our  Pinterest board  right here. Links are also updated after each event on the  Bread Bakers home page .  We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Stacy of Food Lust People Love  is hosting and she wrote: "Your bread can be large, as in one big animal, or small - animal-shaped rolls. Use your imagination! Points for flavor and shape!" If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to Stacy at foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. Here's the animal-shaped bread basket from the #BreadBakers... Beef and Sweet Onion Dim Sum Pandas from Karen's Kitchen Stories Bird Bread Rolls from Ambrosia Easter Bunny Buns from Cook with Renu Ham and Cheese Elephant Rolls from Food Lust People Love Hedgehog Bread from Making Mir

Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé #Winophiles

This month the French Winophiles group is looking at affordable wines from Burgundy.  Host Cindy of Grape Experiences wrote: "Burgundy, or Bourgogne, is known for its wines of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir... as well as Aligote, Gamay, Sauvignon, César, Pinot Beurot, Sacy, Melon in lesser quantities. Many of the well-known wines are quite expensive, but there are plenty of values to be found." Read her invitation here. And there won't be a Twitter chat for this event, so you will have to dive into the articles themselves to read about our pairings and findings. Here's the line-up... Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm enjoys Domaine Chevillon Chezeaux Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits, 2018 Paired with a Maple Pecan Chicken . Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares her love of Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé. Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick! explains why we should Look t

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce