Happy New Year and welcome to the third installment of the Winter Warm-Up Drink Series hosted by Ellen of Family Around the Table! For the next four Fridays, now, we'll be featuring winter drinks guaranteed to warm you right up!
- Apple Spiced Tea by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Hot Tea Toddy by Our Good Life
- Hot Vanilla by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mexican Coffee by Family Around the Table
- Mocha Hot Chocolate by Books n’ Cooks
- Small Batch Vanilla Cinnamon Cold Brew Latte by The Baking Fairy
- S’mores Latte by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tom and Jerry Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
I am almost loathe to call this a recipe. But, when I talked to my boys about hot winter drinks, 'Hot Vanilla!' resounded around the dining table. "We love Hot Vanillas, Mom!" they hollered. I know. I know. When they were younger, we went to a breakfast spot and I always let them order - and share - one hot vanilla. Now we don't eat out as much, so we make these at home. You could also call them a steamer, but old habits die hard and these are 'Hot Vanilla's in our house!
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 C milk
- 2 t vanilla syrup
- Also needed: milk foamer (I use an Aerolatte)
Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until it begins to steam around the edges. You don't want it to boil!
Add 1 t vanilla syrup to each mug and set aside. Pour the warmed milk into a wide mouth container. Foam the milk.
Portion milk into the mugs, then scoop the milk foam into the top of each mug. Serve immediately.
I have never heard of Hot Vanilla but I can't wait to give it a try.ReplyDelete
I love Steamers. So good any time!ReplyDelete
My kind of winter drink! #TeamVanillaReplyDelete