Happy New Year and welcome to the second installment of the Winter Warm-Up Drink Series hosted by Ellen of Family Around the Table! For the next five Fridays, now, we'll be featuring winter drinks guaranteed to warm you right up!
Stay Warm With These Sips
- Bulletproof Chai Tea by Our Good Life
- Caramel Marshmallow Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry-Pomegranate Apple Cider by Books n’ Cooks
- Hot Citrus Cider by Family Around the Table
- Irish Coffee for Winter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Jamaican Tea Toddy by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry White Hot Chocolate by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vanilla Almond Hot Cocoa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
I readily admit that mine isn't a traditional Irish coffee. For one, I didn't use Irish whiskey. I had Scotch whiskey. And secondly, I don't sweeten it or use whipped cream. I prefer to add a dollop of foamed milk on top. But I am always of the mindset that you use what you have. And no matter what whiskey you use, I think this is a steaming cup of goodness that will warm you right up on a chilly evening.
Ingredients makes 2
- 6 ounces strong coffee (I use a stovetop espresso machine and a dark roast coffee)
- 1-1/2 ounces Scotch whiskey
- foamed milk
Pour whiskey (3/4 ounce per cup) into serving glasses. Pour in hot coffee.