This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cabot Cheese in conjunction with #DairyMonth.*From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk butter, cream and cheeses. We can't wait to share them with you.
Day 3 #DairyMonth Recipes
- A Visit to Ol' McGrandpa's Farm by Cooking With Carlee
- Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese from Feeding Big
- Breakfast Egg Bites by Family Around the Table
- Chili Cheese Corn Salad by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Chipotle Cheddar Patty Melt by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Gluten Free Penne with Cabot Cheddar, Chorizo and Saffron by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- How to Make Labneh from Caroline's Cooking
- Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Southern Style Pimento with Bacon Mac and Cheese by Tip Garden
- Zucchini Tots with Jalapeno, Cheddar and Bacon by Palatable Pastime
Gluten-Free Penne with Cabot Cheddar,
Chorizo and Saffron
The saffron and the chorizo lend the pasta that bright orange color of some blue-box pasta we all know and either love or love to hate. If you want to add a little bit of heat to the dish, you can use a spicy chorizo or choose a spicy cheese such as Cabot's Pepper Jack or Hot Habenerno.
- 1 package gluten-free penne
- 4 T butter
- 1/4 C all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 C diced organic onion
- 1/2 C thinly sliced Spanish chorizo (I used a dulce)
- 2 pinches saffron
- 2 C milk
- 2 C cheddar, shredded (I used Cabot's Adirondack's New York Cheddar)
- freshly ground sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
In a large stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large, flat-bottom pan over medium heat. When the butter has melted and has started to bubble, add in the onions, chorizo, and saffron. Cook until the onions are softened. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes whisking constantly. Gradually whisk in the milk until no lumps remain. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook milk mixture, whisking frequently, until it thickens and bubbles, approximately 8 minutes.
Remove pan from the heat and, by the handful, stir in the cheese. Once all of the cheese is melted, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Return the sauce pan to the heat and stir in the cooked pasta. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium-low heat until heated through. To serve, spoon into individual bowls.
Cabot has graciously donated a $25 gift box for one lucky winner. Cabot Creamery is an award-winning co-operative owned and operated by 1,100 member dairy farm families throughout New England and Upstate New York. We take care of the land so the grass grows green and tall, which makes the cows happy—and happy cows produce rich, buttery milk, which makes for cheese and other products that win awards year after year. And the more people love our Cabot family of products, then the more our dairy farms will thrive—today and into the future. Learn more about Cabot at www.cabotcheese.coop
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States only who are 18 years of age or older. Prize will be sent after the close of the giveaway and winner verification is complete. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond. If no response within the time frame, an alternate winner will be selected. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.