Today Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures rallied her foodie blogger friends to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day with her. And it just so happened that I had this peanut butter cookie that I made in December and never shared...because you know this month, Jake and I are not eating added sugars.
Funny story to tell as I've been adapting recipes to be without added sugar. Jake said, "You know those peanut butter cookies you made on New Year's Eve?"
"Do you think you could make a version without sugar?"
Are you talking about the ones that are rolled in sugar?!?
"Oh, yeah. Nevermind. But can you can you make them in February?"
So, I'll be making these again soon. In the meantime, here's what everyone else is sharing.
All the Peanut Buttery Yumminess
- 3 Healthy Peanut Butter Smoothies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by The Freshman Cook
- E.T. Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Easy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Swirled Fudge by Cookaholic Wife
- Easy Peanut Butter and Banana Croissants by Jonesin' For Taste
- Fluffer Nutter Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- My Family's Favorite Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe remake) by Family Around the Table
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie by Soulfully Made
- Nutter Butter Ice Cream Cone Cookies by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Granola Squares by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oatmeal by Frugal Pantry
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sheet Pan Pancakes by Kate's Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Spread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter Mocha Cupcakes by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Butter Popcorn by The Gingered Whisk
- Peanut Butter Snowballs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Ginger Pasta by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Thai Inspired Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peanut Butter Snowballs
- 1 C butter, softened
- 2/3 C organic dark brown sugar
- 2/3 C peanut butter
- 2-1/2 Call-purpose flour
- 3/4 C powdered sugar + more if needed
Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating well. Stir in peanut butter until smooth and combined.
Gradually add flour to peanut butter mixture, beating until well-blended.
Roll dough into 60 (1-inch) balls, placing them 1-inch apart on parchment paper-lined or silicone mat-lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks 5 minutes. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar until completely covered.
Try rolling them cocoa powder? That counts as less sugar, right???ReplyDelete
Yeah...but then there's the sugar in the cookie! Best to just wait till February and make the real deal!!Delete
These sound delicious!ReplyDelete
February is right around the corner! Can't wait to hear how they turn out =)ReplyDelete
Yum!! I'll keep the sugar, thanks!ReplyDelete
I don't know if I could wait that long for these!ReplyDelete
Oh these would be very dangerous to have around the house.....ReplyDelete
Yep those are dangerous. I don't think I could eat just one.ReplyDelete
YUM!!! These look amazing and addicting!ReplyDelete
Haha! Good luck making these without sugar.ReplyDelete
I love the peanut butter take on the snowball cookie.