This afternoon I bought fresh edible flowers from MEarth. Fresh calendula has always reminded me of a summer sunset on the beach. So, in keeping with that, I made a salad in shades of red, orange, and yellow.
- 2 to 3 roasted beets, sliced into wedges (this post explains how to roast beets)
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- petals from 2 to 3 calendula blossoms + a full blossom or two for garnish
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 C olive oil
- 1 T ginger syrup
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- also needed: mason jar with lid
Place calendula petals in the bottom of the mason jar.
Pour in vinegar, olive oil, and ginger syrup. Tighten the lid on the jar. Shake to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To assemble, place wedges of beets and tomatoes in a serving bowl. Drizzle a generous amount of vinaigrette over the top. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with whole calendula blossoms. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment