Mid-Week Feasting: Pork Carnitas Tacos with Mango Salsa + 2020 L'Ecole Chenin Blanc Old Vines #Sponsored
And I paired it twice during mid-week dinners just to be sure. First, I poured it with the Pad Thai dinner that my dad requested. But, somehow in running a delivery over to my parents' house, and getting dinner on the table at my own house, my photos were severely lacking in number. I had this...and that's it. Just. One. Photo. What the heck?
- 6 to 8 pound bone-in pork shoulder or butt
- salt, approximately 1 Tablespoon
- 2 to 3 organic oranges (I used blood oranges, but use whatever oranges you have), sliced into wedges
- 2 to 3 organic lemons (I used Meyer lemons, but use whatever lemons you have), sliced into wedges
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 peppers from a can of chipotle en adobo
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- Also needed: Dutch oven
- corn tortillas
- crumbled cheese (I used queso fresco)
- fresh cilantro
- fresh salsas
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon, chopped jalapeño
- 2 limes
- freshly ground salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 ripe avocado
Then, use two forks to shred the meat and remove the bone. The meat will soak up the cooking liquid and get even more succulent. Serve as is.
Or place the pork on a plancha and cook until you get some nicely browned and crispy parts.
Well, that's a wrap on my pairing for the 2020 L'Ecole Chenin Blanc Old Vines. It's the perfect mid-week that can lend a little exotic flavor to your everyday meals. We'll be back next month with a focus on L'Ecole's 2020 Grenache Rosé. Stay tuned.