Skip to main content

Honeyed Chevre Figs #LaborDayRecipes


Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm asked the Festive Foodies if we wanted to share a last hurrah for summer. Sure thing! And I'm not sure this even really qualifies as a recipe. I mean, it's three ingredients and about five minutes of work. But, for every picnic or party to which I'm schlepped these, they are always a hit. So, I'll share. First, though, here's the rest of the Festive Foodies' last hurrah on this Labor Day weekend...

Summer's Last Hurrah

Honeyed Chevre Figs
serves 12

  • 1 dozen organic fresh figs (I picked black mission)
  • 5 ounces chevre
  • honey for serving



Cut the stems from your figs. Slice them in quarters, but leave the bottom attached. Gently pull the quarters apart and place them on your serving plate or board.

Place a slice of chevre in the center of the fig and gently push the quarters together.


Drizzle the whole things with honey.


Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Goat Cheese and Figs is such a classic combination. Fresh figs are very expensive around here and only available for a limited time but when I can get them this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them. Try putting them on the grill before topping them with the goat cheese and honey. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They look sooooo good. I wish I had a plate here with me now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word! These will definitely be on my next appetizer plate! My mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...