- About Me
- Culinary Cam on YouTube
- Foodie Reads Challenge
- Past Foodie Reads
- Preserving History Project
- Partnering with The Quail & Olive, Carmel Valley
- More Plants, More Movement
- Dough-Ba Fett's Sourdough Adventures
- Mindful Eating + The Green Book
- The Purple & Red Books
- Work With Me
Monday, March 5, 2012
Lephet (Fermented Burmese Tea Leaves)
1 T fish sauce
Crush the tea leaves with a mortar and a pestle. In a medium pot, bring the vinegar and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add the crushed tea leaves, and simmer for 30 minutes. Make sure the leaves don't burn, but the liquid may completely dissolve. Drain any remaining liquid. In a large mixing bowl, stir the leaves in with the remaining ingredients.
You'll see this tomorrow atop a traditional Burmese salad.