Here we are for the August World Wine Travel event. Deanna of Wineivore is hosting. You can read her invitation here. She has us looking at sparkling Australian wines as well as wines from Tasmania.
If you are joining us early enough, jump in to a live conversation with us on Twitter. Follow the hashtag #WorldWineTravel and be sure to add that to anything you tweet so we can see it. Here's the line-up of the articles for this event...
- Lori is tasting Tasmanian Sparkling and Egg Rolls at Exploring the Wine Glass
- Camilla showcases Tasmania + Hawaii: Celebrating with an Island Wine and Island Eats at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Jeff shares how we can Discover Rutherglen Stickies at Food Wine Click!
- Robin pairs Sparkling Wine from Jansz Tasmania and a Tassie-inspired seafood curry pie at Crushed Grape Chronicles
- Kat has a Surprise! South Australia Pét-Nat is on the Rise at The Corkscrew Concierge
- Susannah explores Tasmanian Chardonnay at Avvinare
- Deanna pops an Australian Sparkling Wine from Deviation Road at Wineivore
- Nicole offered Bubbles from Way Down Under: Jansz Premium Cuvée Brut fromTasmania with Lobster Tartines at Somm's Table
- Linda has Sparkling Aussie Shiraz as summer draws to a close at My Full Wine Glass
My Island Wine: Jansz Premium NV Rosé
I picked up a couple of bottles of the Jansz Premium NV Rosé awhile back and held onto them for a special celebration. In this case, I chilled this and popped it open for D's graduation dinner.
This sparkling wine is a blend of three different grape varieties - all batches were kept separate during winemaking before blending and a second fermentation in bottles. This ended up being 68% Pinot Noir, 6% Pinot Meunier, and 26% Chardonnay.
The wine poured a delicate salmon color with aromas of wild strawberries, ripe citrus, and delicate flowers. On the palate the wine was supple, plump, and creamy with a fine perlage. This savory sparkler was the perfect all-around sipping wine with lots of different island eats.
Because we were taking a long-awaited graduation trip to Hawaii, we planned a menu with several of their favorites. Here's a round-up of some of what we served with the Jansz. Click on the name to go to the recipe post. Aloha!
And I guess I never did post the recipes for my Hawaiian Mac Salad and Grilled Octopus. Stay tuned!
That's a wrap for my offering to the Tasmanian #WorldWineTravel event. The group will be back next month with our first exploration of New Zealand with Martin of ENOFYLZ Wine Blog hosting wines from Martinborough on New Zealand's North Island.
I love the idea of a Jansz Rose with Hawaiian food! It sounds like the perfect pairing, and perfect for the celebration! I'll be checking out those recipes!ReplyDelete
Wow, this sparkler sounds perfect for the Hawaiian menu and celebration dinner! Congrats to D and all of you.ReplyDelete
I'll look forward to your octopus recipe, although it will only be for me. Julie isn't a fan.ReplyDelete
I’ve had Jansz wines and would love to try the rosé. Love the pairing idea!ReplyDelete
Oh wow, what a feast! I love the celebratory nature of this post, island vibes, and saving this wine for a special occasion. It is such an unusual find fit for a one time graduation. Congrats to your kids!ReplyDelete
This whole menu looks delicious! Cheers!ReplyDelete