- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (Vegan Bacon or Smoked Olive)
- 1-1/2 cups onions, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 sausages, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 4 cups stock (I used fish stock)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups bomba rice
- 4 to 6 teaspoons Black Magic seasoning, depending on preference
- 2 pounds shrimp, deveined
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- file powder, optional
- Also needed: hot sauce for serving
Add in broth, crushed tomatoes, rice, and seasoning. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost absorbed, approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Stir in the shrimp and cook until opaque pink, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Fold in green onions and file powder, if using, just before serving. scoop individual servings and serve immediately with hot sauce.