Today the Sunday Funday group is sharing quinoa recipes. Thanks to Stacy of Food Lust People Love, Sue of Palatable Pastime, Rebekah of Making Miracles, and Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm for coordinating this low-stress group. This week, Renu is hosting and suggested we share recipes based on quinoa. Here's the list of recipes...
- Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread from Cook with Renu
- Rustic Multigrain Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetable Quinoa Upma from Sneha’s Recipe
- Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Copycat Trader Joe’s Lemon Chicken and Arugula Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Quinoa Tangerine Salad from Mayuri’s Jikoni
I decided to share a grain bowl recipe that I made as part of a 6-bowl video. These grain bowl salads are the perfect side dish or main dish. And I love that they are so, so simple to assemble! Here are six variations using three different grains - farro, barley, and quinoa. But use whatever grains you have. These would be just as tasty with rice, freekah, or even buckwheat! There are two that use quinoa as a base.
You can watch the process on the CulinaryCam YouTube channel...or right here! Ingredients are listed below for the Rainbow Quinoa Gain bowl. But, as always, I urge you to just be creative and use what you have.
Rainbow Quinoa Grain Bowl
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon pesto
- 1-1/2 to 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup blanched corn kernels
- 1/3 cup blanched asparagus
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced apples
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
- freshly ground pepper
I love how easy these are to customize with whatever ingredients I have on-hand. They are colorful, toothy, and tasty.
That's a wrap on our #SundayFunday quinoa event. We'll be back with recipes to celebrate National Steakhouse Month. Stay tuned. I need to get some clarification on what that means from host Wendy. But I am excited!