This week, with Wendy is hosting; we're sharing recipes for alcohol-free cocktails. Here's today's line-up...
- Amaretto Sour Mocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Baby Yoda Soda from Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Blackberry Virgin Mojito by Making Miracles
- Color-Changing Nam Dok Anchan (Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita Mocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Non Alchoholic Spiced Sangria by Sneha's Recipe
- Virgin Margarita from Palatable Pastime
You can see the glass on the right is a deep blue. Once you add acid - in this case in the form of freshly squeezed lemon juice - it changes to purple.
- 3 cups water + 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried butterfly pea flowers
- 2 cups organic granulated sugar
- organic lemon wedges
- Also needed: ice, lemon wheels for serving
Add in the granulated sugar and 2 cups more water. Heat and swirl the pan until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour into a mason jar and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Squeeze in lemon juice a little bit at a time until you get the color that you want.
And enjoy your beautiful, color-changing butterfly pea flower lemonade.