This week, Wendy is hosting. She wrote: "August is National Sandwich Month. It is also the perfect time for a picnic with family and friends. Share your favorite sandwich with us whether for a picnic or for eating in with a knife and fork." Here's the line-up...
- Chicken Bacon Pressed Picnic Sandwiches by Making Miracles
- Club Sandwich by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Falafel Pita Sandwich by Mayuri's Jikoni
- French Dip Sandwich au Jus (Slow Cooker) by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Kielbasa Sandwiches by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Muffuletta by Food Lust People Love
- Is it, Or Isn't It a Sandwich? and a DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Submarine Bites with Sub Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Zucchini and Carrot Vegetable Sandwich by Cook with Renu
- Laurel: No lol
- Otis: Hmmmmm
- Kevin: Absolutely
- Wendy W: No
- Wendy K: Yep
- Kathy: Yes, stuff between bread.
- Sara: Maybe????
- Kevin: The ingredients check out, but the dimensions do not.
- Kera: No
- Lisa: Nope
- Imogen: Yes — bread + filling + spread
And Sue of Palatable Pastime shared: In my mind, a sandwich is when you use bread to clasp a food and eat that food along with the bread, but not simply dipping bread as a scoop (as you might with things like hummus or certain African stews with pita or injera). Sort of like using bread in lieu of a fork. So that makes a hot dog a sandwich.
First, grilled cheese is not all about the cheese. You think that grilled cheese is about the cheese and that's certainly important, but there are a lot of elements needed to inspire grilled cheese creativity. And, yes, I did actually buy that cheese (pictured above) because it had my name on it!