Today the #SundayFunday bloggers are sharing recipes ahead of October 3rd's Global Smoothie Day. Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm is hosting and asked us to share a smoothie of our choosing. Here's the line-up...
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: 30 Second Smoothie
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Banana Pumpkin Smoothie
- Sneha’s Recipe: Mixed Fruit Smoothie
- Palatable Pastime: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Sweet-Tart Smoothie Bowl
Now you can make smoothies that you serve with a straw. But I prefer to make smoothie bowls that I serve with a spoon. These are thicker than smoothies and a fun way to play with different toppings and textures. I make mine with frozen fruit and top it with fresh fruits and homemade granola. You can watch me make my Easy Granola on the CulinaryCam YouTube Channel.
These smoothie bowls are easy to make, nutrient-dense, and so flexible to get creative. This bowl gets its sweet from the berry smoothie half and tart from the mango banana half.
That's a wrap for my offering for #SundayFunday's smoothie event. We'll be back next weekend as Amy of Amy's Cooking Adventures hosts Cook Like a Viking for Leif Erikson Day! I hope to get some inspiration for my upcoming Jolabokaflod - the Icelandic Christmas tradition of exchanging books and chocolate.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 banana, sliced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey if you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
To make each smoothie, place all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz on high speed until completely smooth, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Occasionally stop the blender and scrape down the sides. If the mixture is too thick or not blending well, feel free to add 1 Tablespoon of liquid at a time. Taste and adjust as needed.
Spoon the smoothies into a bowl. I like to do half and half.
For Serving (as photographed above)
- sliced figs
- passionfruit, halved
- sliced kiwi
- fresh berries
- sliced blood oranges
Other Topping Suggestions
- avocado, sliced
- fresh mango, sliced
- sliced bananas
- anything you want!
So glad you joined in today Cam. This bowl has my name all over it.ReplyDelete