While I have made dinners that make my friends squirm - think of entire menus centered around beets or eggplant - sometimes I make the carnivores happy. Really happy.
- 1 (2 rib) prime rib roast (mine weighed about 5 pounds)
- 3 T coffee grounds
- 4 T organic dark brown sugar
- 1 t sweet paprika
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 3/4 t dried ginger
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and pod reserved
- 1 T freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T freshly ground salt
- splash of olive oil
- 2 to 3 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 C brewed coffee
In a medium bowl, combine the coffee grounds, sugar, paprikas, ginger, cumin, vanilla bean seeds, salt and black pepper. Massage spice mixture into the beef, coating evenly.
Post a Comment